Chakras are energy centers within the human body. These energy centers regulate all the vital processes of the organs, the body’s immune system, and emotions. There are 7 chakras in the body and each chakra is located at a specific point in the body from tailbone to crown(top of the head).
Additionally, each chakra represents different frequency and associated with certain color, emotions both negative and positive. Chakra can be opened through some form of meditation, and it is also believed that Yoga is created based on Chakras in order to provide proper balance of energy.
When there is a continuous energy flow, it results to full vitality and calmness. There is an article about chakra meditation, where the basics are explained.
The energy that flows within these 7 chakras is known as “Prana“, the invisible energy that is the vital force that makes human alive and vibrant.
In short, this Prana keeps us conscious, healthy and alive. You may call this invisible energy Prana as God or spirit. It doesn’t matter, but what matters is…it’s there, and it’s real. Unfortunately, for some reasons, many cultures have lost the knowledge of this Prana and the 7 Chakras. On the other hand, there’s good news, as few cultures particularly Eastern cultures have kept the knowledge.
Fundamentally, the chakras are read from the bottom and up, but here we will start from the first chakra, which is the root chakra, and then followed by the other subsequent chakras.
Root Chakra (Muladhara)
The Root Chakra (or Muladhara) is in control of your mindset about money, career, and sense of belonging. When this energy center is blocked you may experience unrewarding and unfulfilling career, and you seem to have lackness of money regardless how hard you try getting it.
You may say that people who are buried in debt have blocked root chakra, but they’re the only one knows if they are, and they will never know unless they do some effort of unblocking this energy center.
Other signs that your root chakra may be blocked includes weight issues and the feeling of unworthiness.
Sacral Chakra (Swadhisthana)
Sacral Chakra (or Swadhisthana) is said to be responsible for pleasure and sexuality. If this energy center is blocked, a person may;
1. Struggling to see himself/herself as sexy.
2. Feeling inferiority complex and feared of no one will like her/him.
3. Difficulty finding a significant other, and wonders if there’s really out there who is compatible.
4. Thoughts of sex are seen as images pain and/or guilt.
5. Lack of sexual desire, and during times of sex, there is no feeling of satisfaction.
6. Difficulty achieving orgasms, and can also result to either delayed or premature ejaculations in men, which is very common and majority of men experience it.
Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura)
The Solar Plexus (or Manipura) is linked with personal power, or others call it personal magnetism, and ability channel.
When this energy center or channel is blocked, the person may experience struggling with self-esteem issues, as well as the feeling of unworthiness.
Difficulty making a decision for various aspects of life. It feels like a victim of circumstances and may experience stomach anxiety and pains.
Heart Chakra (Anahata)
The Heart Chakra (Or Anahata) is in-charge of self-acceptance, relationships, and love. If this energy channel is blocked, it’s easy to sabotage relationships with anger and distrust.
It feels like relying too much on other people and lose the sense of independence. A person may struggle with any commitments and experience fights and misunderstandings frequently with loved ones.
There’s this feeling of having to secure yourself because of the thought that someone might hurt you. Difficulty in letting go or forgiveness, and can’t let go of any emotional issues.
Throat Chakra (Vishuddha)
The Throat Chakra (or Vishuddha) is in-charge of maintaining self-expression. If this energy channel is closed, a person may encounter the following symptoms;
1. Constantly feeling as if there is no one cares about your opinions, and that it seems everything you say is nonsense to others.
2. Most likely seen to be a loner or a quiet person within the group you’re in.
3. Tends to agree with other people’s opinion without even scrutinizing whether the opinion is good or not. In short, a conformer.
4. Tends to have trouble like a sore throat.
The Third Eye Chakra (Ajna)
The Third Eye Chakra (or Ajna) is the channel for insights or intuition. This is also known as the inner psychic, and whether you believed it, or not, we have one.
This is where vision is shown, and when you’re inspired by something to be right even if others don’t agree, but your insights are telling you, it’s the right thing to do. Visionaries well-developed this energy channel, and regardless whether their ideas do not seem to work according to other people, they keep on going on because they follow their intuition.
The Crown Chakra (Sahasrara)
The Crown Chakra (or Sahasrara) is the link or connection to the source. Which source? Well, whatever you call it…whether God, higher power, infinite intelligence, etc. This is where the connection to the source. Those who experience astral travel may have well-developed this energy channel.
If this energy channel is blocked, a person may experience the following symptoms;
1. A sense of no little or no connection at all to a higher power
2. Always feeling lonely and worthless
3. Feeling bitter and jealous at those who are hooked in seeking spiritual awareness
4. Tends to experience headaches and migraines very often
The 7 Chakra Infographic